How to use Stratamed
- Ensure that the affected skin or wound is clean.
- Gently pat dry as much excess exudate or wound fluid from the area as possible prior to gel application.
- For best results Stratamed should be maintained in continuous contact with the skin (24 hours a day / 7 days a week).
On damaged or broken skin not requiring a secondary dressing (e.g. after skin rejuvenation and resurfacing treatments):
- Apply a very thin layer of Stratamed to the affected area and allow the gel to dry.
- When applied correctly to the affected areas, Stratamed should be dry in 5–6 minutes.
- If it takes longer to dry you have probably applied too much. Gently remove the excess with a clean tissue or gauze and allow the drying process to continue.
- Stratamed should be applied once daily, or twice daily to exposed areas or as advised by your physician.
- Once dry, Stratamed may be covered by sunscreen, cosmetics, pressure garments or casts.
On damaged skin or wounds requiring a secondary dressing (e.g. after surgical incisions/excisions):
- Apply a thin layer of Stratamed then cover with the secondary dressing. Drying is not necessary.
- Stratamed should be reapplied when changing the dressing or checking wound progress, or as advised by your physician.
Tips for drying
The drying process is assisted by the temperature difference between the gel and the skin. To reduce drying time in hotter climates, keep Stratamed in the refrigerator.
How much Stratamed is required?
Stratamed gel is a unique formulation that requires substantially less product per application than typical moisturizing creams or barrier ointments.
Stratamed 5 g (0.17 oz) is enough to treat a 2–4 cm (1–2 inch) linear incision twice per day for over 90 days.
Stratamed 10 g (0.35 oz) is enough to treat a 5–8 cm (2–3 inch) linear incision twice per day for over 90 days.
Stratamed 20 g (0.7 oz) is enough to treat a 10–12 cm (4–5 inch) linear incision twice per day for over 90 days or an area of 6 × 12 cm (2.5 × 5 inch) twice per day for over 60 days.
Stratamed 50 g (1.75 oz) is enough to treat an area of 12 × 15 cm, (5 × 6 inch) twice per day for over 60 days.